Senior Finance Analyst
The opportunity has arisen for an aspiring FP&A Manager to join a high-growth travel management business in London.
My client is a PE backed travel management and services company based in central London. They have grown significantly over the past few years as a result of new backing, expansion into new territories, and driving profitability around new products. Trading on a track record of high levels of client service and delivery they are now established in the top ten travel companies in the UK. In line with this continued growth my client is looking to bring in a qualified accountant into a senior finance analyst position.
As the senior finance analyst you will report to the FC and lead on the board pack preparation, budgeting and forecasting, and deep dive insight into business performance. You will also be fast-tracked to the FP&A Manager position with a view to growing the function in London with at least one hire before the end of the year. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ownership for monthly board reporting with analysis provided by client, sector, territory etc.;
- Liaise with the management accounts function to assist with detailed commentary insight;
- Take ownership for sales and margin reporting, with some work across pricing to drive profitability;
- Prepare the annual budget and rolling monthly forecasts for all income streams;
- Build relationships with sales and account management teams to ensure that they have a full understanding of financial performance and work with them on margin improvements;
- Lead all KPI reporting;
- Support the introduction of new BI reporting to provide further insight into business performance;
- Ad hoc analysis as requested by CFO/CEO.
As a strong applicant for the senior financial analyst position you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA);
- Demonstrate a strong analytical skill-set, ideally honed in a B2B environment where you are comfortable with client reporting;
- Possess excellent excel skills used in scenario planning/modelling;
- Show a clear ability to engage with non-financial stakeholders and support their decision making with clear financial evidence;
- Have a track record in owning board pack preparation and leading on the budgeting and forecasting processes;
- Exposure to the travel industry is advantageous, but a background in a B2B environment is essential.
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £45,000-£55,000 + benefits including bonus, pension, and healthcare. You will also be joining a developing business looking to provide excellent career opportunities and a fast-track to management.