Cisco - Principal Network Engineer/Voice Engineer/ London
Title :Cisco - Principal Network Engineer/Voice Engineer
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
• The job holder is responsible for planning, designing and implementing Cisco collaboration and other telecommunication systems.
• The successful candidate will have extensive experience designing, implementing and supporting large / complex Cisco Unified Communication (UC) solutions including Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection messaging systems and video / telepresence systems.
• S/he should be well versed in all areas of network technology and have a proven track record designing, implementing, integrating and supporting a broad range of collaboration products.
Principal Network Engineer->> Leads the research, design, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has an in-depth understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of complex network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works and may lead relationships with other IT staff and vendor representatives on strategic projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing for intricate network issues. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Extensive experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Job holder must have extensive experience delivering Cisco collaboration solution designs and troubleshooting issues to deliver satisfactory telephony services to clients including performance, capacity, and reliability. S/he must have a strong knowledge of the company's total networking environment (existing infrastructure, interdependencies and organizational responsibilities) and proactively make recommendations to improve the existing voice infrastructure. S/he must also be experienced in resolving technical (hardware, software, communications) malfunctions and have the capability to implement solutions including temporary workarounds and hardware/software upgrades. Job holder must be experienced in scheduling and executing various planned hardware and software changes to the voice network and clearly communicate and document the recommended changes. S/he must have prior lead experience with designing, implementing, integrating, documenting, and supporting large complex Cisco UC systems and related network strategies. S/he must also be able to make sound high-impact decisions under uncertain conditions.
Skills and Experience:
• Platforms: Cisco UCS (B and C series) Servers, Expressway, VG224 / 350, Oracle (Acme) SBCs, Cisco routers / switches, Cisco 79xx / 89xx / 88xx phones and video / telepresence endpoints
• Software: UCM/CUC 8.x/10.x, VMWare ESXI, Jabber, Jabber Mobile Client. Spark, Acano
• Networking: Strong Cisco routing and switching / data networking skills
• Protocols: H323, SIP, MGCP, SCCP
• Experience integrating UCM with Active Directory and third party apps including Microsoft Lync, Avaya and IPC systems
• Extensive video / Telepresence experience including TMS / VCS and Expressway for B2B video integration.
• Proven track record creating, implementing and supporting automation to streamline administrative functions and enhance end-user capabilities
• Knowledge of other telephony systems including Avaya, NICE and IPC
• Extensive troubleshooting skills
• CCNP Route/Switch
• CCNP Voice
• CCIE Voice Preferred
Job holder must be an experienced problem solver who is skilled in people development, delegation and building collaborative relationships. S/he must be an effective oral and written communicator, experienced in making presentations and able to easily influence people. Cisco CCIE Voice, VMWare VCP and Microsoft Certified Solution Expert - MCSE beneficial