Project Manager Retail IT
Project Manager (Retail IT) is sought to join our client, a UK based provider of mobile customer engagement solutions to the retail industry. Named as one of five (globally), 'Cool Vendors in Retail' by Gartner, they have developed a market leading, cloud based, mobile CRM platform, proven with multiple retail and FMCG clients. The company has launched with a number of high profile retail clients and is looking to strengthen its project delivery capabilities.
This is a client-facing Project Management role involving a high level of client relationship management. The ideal candidate should be able to offer efficient and technologically astute project delivery skills whilst acting as a key point of contact for management of the client account. They should be pro-active in pre-empting issues and problems, a good team worker, a self-starter and flexible in order to alter plans in reaction to shifting priorities and timelines.
In return the company offers a competitive basic salary, as well as a success-based remuneration.
Project Manager (Retail IT) required skills:
1. Project Management
- Assist in defining the scope and objectives of internal and client projects
- Provide overall development project leadership and liaise with development teams in the delivery of high-quality products within committed timeframes
- Act as the client liaison for all development issues specific to projects
- Liaise with development team lead to manage resource availability, task allocation, and project scheduling in the development team.
- Develop, monitor and track project plans, making changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project cost using appropriate verification techniques
- Ensure complete understanding of development estimates and project scopes
- Co-ordinate with the development team and third parties/vendors to ensure the right resource is allocated to the right development components, with clear expectations of milestones
2. Account Management
- Work closely with the CEO / Business Development lead to ensure a smooth hand over of new client projects
- Act as the key point of contact for the company's key clients in relation to the day-to-day running of the services
- Provide regular progress reports to client's stakeholders on live and scheduled projects
- Attend regular client meetings as required (e.g. to review the performance of our services, to scope new projects)
Skills/competencies required from the Project Manager (Retail IT)
- Proven working experience in project management in IT/Technology/Software environment
- Proven ability to provide excellent project leadership. EPOS experience ideal
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software delivery
- Understanding of different delivery and project management methodologies including Agile, Prince2, ITIL, Waterfall, KANBAN, TOGAF
- Project documentation, leadership and people management skills
- Organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
Location: Central London
Salary: £50K to £55K
Please send your application direct to Rainford Berry Ltd.
Keywords: Project Managment, E-commerce, EPOS, Retail, Technical, APMP, Prince 2, Mobile Loyalty, Mobile apps