Qualified Corporate Accountant - Maternity Cover (14 months)
A leading international blue-chip business is seeking a fully qualified senior accountant to join their City of London team for a 14 month contract from Sept 2017 to Nov 2018.
The role will be responsible for one of the EMEA divisions of the multilateral business, working in a team of 14 others, and will include corporate consolidation reporting.
START: not later than 18th Sept 2017
TYPE: fixed-term contract (14 months; Sept 17 - Nov 18)
SALARY: up to £55K + benefits
LOCATION: City of London (Bank / St Pauls area)
- Produce accounting management reports for a business division, maintain and improve such process, and analyse the outcome through the communication with the business
- Assist such business division of quarter and annual closing procedure as part of group business activity
- Produce accounting reports including statutory financial reporting of subsidiaries on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assist in tax work (corporate tax/VAT return and answer enquiries) with tax advisors
- Advise division / business units / their controlling departments on accounting issues
- Assist in general work with notary, accounting firms, tax authorities, companies house etc.
- Other various work related to business unit / division accounting/tax service and group accounting and tax matters based on instruction from manager
- Fully qualified (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- Undergraduate or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Maths, Statistics, Business or Economics (preferable, not essential)
- Extensive UK accounting experience; at least some of which must be PQE (post-qualified) in an international business
- Solid experience of preparation and analysis of financial statements and management accounts, including consolidation reporting for a parent company / group
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- IT skills using Excel (advanced), Word, SAP, SAGE
- Very advanced numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to resolve complex problems within strict time constraints
KEYWORDS: ACCA, ACA, CIMA, qualified, consolidated reporting, group accounting, international business, VAT, corporate tax, PQE, SAP, maternity cover contract, trading company, trading house, commodities
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 2 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs.