Head of Building Surveying - Client Side
A Head of Building Surveying is required by a unique, central London Housing Association to deliver a full range of building surveying services across the new build mixed use development arm of their business. This diverse role is based around the maintenance and upkeep of the company's large property portfolio, working closely with both the residential and commercial asset management team.
Our clients has a property portfolio around central London with ambitious plans to grow their stock over the next few years. They are very focused on being an efficient, commercial and customer service focused company so require someone who will uphold their core values.
The role of the Head of Building Surveying will include:
- Reviewing, develop and maintain procedures and systems to assist with forward planning.
- Prepare the annual budgets for the planned and cyclical maintenance expenditure.
- Liaising with contractors, residential and commercial tenants, leaseholders, homeowners and colleagues.
- Taking responsibility for the supervision of cyclical and planned maintenance along with ancillary repair works.
- Arranging and supervise regular and programmed commercial property inspections
- Leading on all party wall matters
- Managing and supervise all aspects of property maintenance and estate housekeeping.
- Advising on compliance with Health & Safety legislation and guidelines
- Preparing preliminary cost plans to assist with project appraisals.
- Assisting senior managers/directors in reviewing the Sustainability Strategy
- Being a key member of the Health and Safety committee
The ideal Head of Building Surveying will:
- A strong track record in contract and contractor management
- Have the ability to carry out building defect diagnosis effectively
- Be able to carry out insurance valuations
- Be able to carry out building defect diagnosis effectively
- Have the ability to carry out thorough stock condition surveys
- Be able to develop and deliver schedules of dilapidations
- Have good knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and be able to adapt to using other more specialist IT packages
£45,000 - £50,000 + bonus/benefits
If you're interested in this diverse opportunity then please apply today or if you would like to find out more please don't hesitate to contact Harry Forrest at Deverell Smith