Bookkeeper (full time or part time)
The Watermark Collection are the pioneers of boutique brassware, offering bold, handmade products produced for us, by skilled engineers and craftspeople in Brooklyn, New York.
We offer an industrial-luxe visual for people who seek products that embody honesty of materials, tactility and individuality.
We are a young company experiencing the type of rapid growth that offers huge job role potential and the opportunity to be part of a team that is committed to creating an influential multi-national brand.
Who We Seek
We are currently in the process of strengthening our in-house financial and administrative operations. As a result, we are seeking an enthusiastic and capable bookkeeper and general administration assistant to join our team.
Given the nature of a small team environment, the right individual will have an accounting / bookkeeping bias but be willingness to be hands on in all areas.
We would like to hear from individuals with excellent attention to detail, a willingness to work flexibly to meet changing requirements from day to day and the ability to work under pressure during busy periods.
- Future members of the team will be responsible for:
- Processing information onto accounting software (SAGE) and producing reports. This includes all aspects of accounts payable and receivable (e.g. posting of customer and supplier invoices, checking supplier invoices before payment, reconciling bank transactions and accounts to ensure the accuracy of entries made, preparing VAT and EC Sales submissions to HMRC, logging credit cards data, processing staff expenses)
- Preparing monthly management accounts and other financial reports
- Processing sales orders, issue client invoices, monitoring unpaid invoices
- Supporting payroll activities and other HR duties (eg. monitoring holidays and absences)
- Other office management and administrative support including keeping the office organised
Experience and Skills required:
Proven experience in a bookkeeping role is essential (at least two years)
- Outstanding attention to detail and a natural urge towards neatness in all working activities
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Working knowledge of SAGE software (ideally Sage 50)
- Problem solving abilities and willingness to use your own initiative to drive improvements in processes
- Good computer literacy, in particular, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to work unsupervised in a small environment and to meet regular and required deadlines
- A can-do attitude and willingness to get involved in a range of areas
- A minimum of Grade C in A or AS Level Mathematics
Contract type: Part Time or Full Time
Location: London, SE1
In your application, please indicate if you are interested in a part time or full time role or both.