Accounts Assistant - Graduate Trainee Role
Due to an internal promotion we have got the opportunity to join this international business within its busy finance team. We are looking for a Graduate that holds a 1st Class degree within Accountancy and Finance.
About The Role
Within this role, you will be working as an Accounts Assistant and will work within a team that is responsible for the Cash Management of the business.
Within this role your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for cash floats for international travel
- Management of the foreign exchange payment cards
- Daily reconciliations of company bank accounts
- Preparation of daily cash summaries
- Daily treasury deposits and balances
- Calculation of working capital requirements
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Recording of cash receipts and payments
- Contributing to a number of ad-hoc projects
About Our Client
This role is working for an instantly recognisable international business that will give you the opportunity to grow and progress within the business. In return you will be given study support and an extensive benefits package.
We are looking for a degree educated individual that holds a First Class degree within Accounts and Finance, ideally with some exposure to accounts and is looking for a career within a business that will open doors for you.
Experience, skills and exposure required to apply for this role includes:
- Finance and Accountancy Degree - First Class classification
- Some exposure to accounts, with the desire to become a qualified accountant
- Currently studying towards or looking to study towards ACCA qualification
- Strong Excel skills including Pivot Tables and Lookups
Things You Should Know
This role has become available following the internal promotion of the previous incumbent, you will be given the tools and the opportunity to progress. You must be a car driver to apply for this role.
Commutable from: Bromley, Caterham, Crawley, Croydon, Dorking, East Grinstead, Gatwick, Horley, Purley, Redhill, Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)