My client is seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team
Salary: £40k for Belfast
Contract Type: Permanent
Location of work: Belfast / London
Responsibilities of role:
- Establish contract budgets from tender estimates and management of same throughout the contract
- Maximise project margin with proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting
- Liaise with Clients, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of each project.
- Set up files, variation document and finalise budgets with buyer for pricing
- Providing contractual advice to the Project Manager
- Produce breakdowns, and undertake value engineering process to meet Client budgetary requirements.
- Manage the preparation and negotiations of all weekly / monthly project interim and final accounts
- Undertake the preparation and processing of quotations, bids and tenders within Client deadlines.
- Prepare bi-monthly cost reports on live projects.
Third level Quantity Surveying qualification
A minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferably gained within the commercial glazing /facades sector, or a proven track record within a Design & Build main contractor
A detailed understanding of the commercial aspects of all main construction contracts
Knowledge of traditional and design and build contracts.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
Must be able to Estimate
Competent in the use of Microsoft packages, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook