Technical Sales Manager
Technical Sales Managerrequired working for a large labelling, packaging and weighing machinery company based near Saffron Walden with contracts throughout the UK. They supply specialist packaging machinery to a range of sectors, primarily the food processing and packaging industry.
Currently, sales activity is largely restricted to my clients existing customer base and reactive enquiries from the website. They have a large client base with approximately 120 active customers and a database of over a thousand former customers.
Sales activity is carried out by my clients Technical Director, and one service engineer on a two day a week basis.
They are looking to increase new equipment sales in the UK. The range of weigh/ labelling equipment which they import incorporates the latest technologies and is the most up to date and is the best equipment on the market. They are sole UK agents for this great range of equipment.
Much of the weigh / labelling equipment in the UK was installed 10-15 years ago when packaging requirements driven by the supermarkets made great leaps forward. Not much has changed since but the original equipment, both my clients and their competitors, will need to be replaced in the next 5-7 years. This market could be worth £25 million or more over that period.
Technical Sales Manager Overview
- My client is confident that they can compete in their existing customer base because of their close relationship with those customers. However, they would like to be able to address the rest of the market and for this reason they need to recruit a technical sales manager / technical sales executive.
- The successful Technical Sales Manager will work from home but be required to attend the office say one day per week. Customers are nationwide.
Technical Sales Manager Requirements
- The main target will be the £25 million weigh labelling market referred to above but also expect to achieve sales of labelling only equipment.
- Expected sales of weigh labelling equipment of £5 million over a 7-year period and labelling only sales of £1.5 million.
- Have first-hand knowledge of the UK weigh labelling market
Technical Sales Manager Remuneration
- Salary £40,000 - £45,000 plus commission of £10,000 - £15,000
- Company car provided, fully expensed (Make and Model flexible)
- Pension contribution 5-10%
- Holiday 5 weeks