Contracts Support Officer - The London Borough of Croydon
An exciting role has arisen for a six month Graduate Internship, working as a Contracts Support Officer in the ICT Services & Contracts Team for Croydon Council. This is a full time graduate position, starting ASAP.
Croydon is a distinctive and diverse place and is London's most populated borough. Croydon is about to undergo the biggest development and regeneration programme since the 1960s with £3bn of investment flowing into the borough over the next five years, building a positive future for residents and businesses alike.
We are passionate about the value of public services and our new headquarters has the customer at the heart of what we do. It brings together 75 services including council, Met Police, NHS, Jobcentre Plus, Croydon Credit Union and Citizens Advice Bureau under one roof, allowing us all to work together as one team. This makes now an exciting time to join our team delivering vital services to over 360,000 residents
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to gain an unrivalled insight into a career in Service Contract Management in the public sector within the councils ICT department. We are looking to recruit a professional, enthusiastic and hardworking Contract Support Officer within the ICT Services & Contracts team that covers the management of ICT services and contracts across all council business areas. The role has no limits on the level of involvement and ownership the successful candidate would be able to achieve, so would suit someone with commitment, flexibility, a hands on approach, ability to learn quickly and with an abundance of talent.
The role will involve tasks such as:
- To support and or manage the development and implementation of new contracts prior to contract commencement and during the early months of operation.
- Assist with Asset Inventory to ensure that the release of hardware and software assets is being maintained in accordance with Council policies.
- Assist with Contract Renewals by establishing the ongoing business need and funding requirements.
- Work with ICT Service Providers and ICU ICT Contract Managers to regularly analyse and review performance information, identify trends which require remediation (formal problem management) and develop an improvement plan.
- Compilation of contractual status reports for departmental/project boards as required.
- Produce a monthly report of contracts which are due renewal and agree with manager appropriate next steps (Full procurement or 3 quotes).
- To undertake administration functions in relation to Purchase Order creation and receipting.
- Assist with updating the Contracts register & ensure it is continually updated with any gaps rectified appropriately.
- Contribute to the production of draft responses to contractual Freedom of Information requests. (FOI's).
- Contribute to the production of draft responses to Internal Audits.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, colleagues, higher level managers, and external individuals and organisations.
- Undertake other assignments from time to time, depending on the needs of the team.
The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate strong contract management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Contract Management, and working in a contract/service environment, including contract analysis, budget monitoring, problem solving and supplier performance management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to communicate effectively internally and externally using good inter-personal skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Professional demeanour and presentation at all times
- Good understanding of the public sector
- Ability to use IT applications and to be self-servicing in respect of word processing, spreadsheets (including data analysis), email and the internet
£400 per week