Senior Commercial Officer (Defence)
Our client is an international defence contractor. They are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Officer to join their Defence team. The post-holder should have at least 3 years commercial experience and government focused work would be advantageous. This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the largest Defence companies in the world, which offers huge potential for individual and professional growth.
Please note that this role is based in London OR Guilford, Surrey
An opportunity has arisen to join Applied Intelligence as a Senior Commercial Officer supporting the Commercial team, to monitor and maintain the organisation’s participation on UK Government and other public sector framework agreements. This will include undertaking the day-to-day management of existing contracts that provide a commercial framework within which the business can deliver world class capabilities to customers, whilst minimising risk and maximising business success in line with agreed targets. This will give you the opportunity to assist in the management of major commercial agreements.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining the organisations registration and accreditation on Government and public sector framework agreements.
- Preparing monthly reports on levies to be paid for participation on each framework.
- Liaise with Crown Commercial Services and other framework customers. Register interest in opportunities.
- Reporting internally on forthcoming Government opportunities (e.g. PINs, ITTs, RFPs etc.). Disseminate to account and bid teams and follow up.
- Administering non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), teaming and other short-form agreements.
- Supporting/creating cost models and Request for Bid Authorisation (RBA) packs with guidance.
- Hosting a weekly pipeline meeting between the Commercial, Operations and Bid Team departments.
- Maintaining commercial and financial content within the SAP system.
- Understanding customer requirements and identifying risks in relation to assigned contracts/business arrangements and proposing responses in line with policies in order to maximise business return whilst managing commercial risk.
- Supporting others in drafting, negotiating and managing major contracts and business arrangements with Gov customers, ensuring the swift and effective resolution of issues.
- Developing an understanding of and provide advice and guidance on commercial, contractual, legal issues to facilitate effective business decision-making and the efficient resolution of issues and disputes.
- Contributing to developing and maintaining commercial procedures and policies, and implement them in assigned areas to support improved business effectiveness.
- Collating major project scores from the project managers and put into an aggregate scorecard.
- Participate in and support major project bids and change requests.
What we’re looking for
- Organised and thorough approach to tasks with excellent problem solving skills.
- The ability to understand a fairly complex set of processes and propose improvements when appropriate.
- Experience with using SAP
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable team working ability, determination and flexibility.
- Experienced user of the MS Office suite including Excel.
- 3-7 years of commercial experience
- Prior experience of government focused work would be advantageous.
- Prior use Sharepoint.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience of working in a global organisation.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to gain UK Security Clearance