Quality Engineer - Aerospace / Machining
Role: Quality Engineer - Aerospace / Machining
Salary: £32,000 - £40,000 + Benefits + Bonus
Are you a Quality Professional looking for a new challenge? Do you have proven experience of working within the aerospace or similarly regulated industry? If this sounds like you and you want to work for a leading aerospace business offering excellent prospects and a great working environment then read on…
Due to continued success a leading supplier of high precision machined components to the aerospace is looking for a quality engineer to join the team to drive forward product quality and continuous improvement within the business
The responsibilities of the Quality Engineer are as follows:
- Manage the company QMS to ensure continued compliance to ISO9001 & AS9100
- Work closely with the production team drive forward product quality through improvement of SOP's / WI's & fool proofing processes
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement within the business using lean & six sigma methodologies
- Manage new product introduction - PPAP / APQP / FAIR
- Work closely with customers to ensure closure or customer quality concerns and implement corrective and preventative actions
- Supplier auditing & development
The successful Quality Engineer will have the following skills/experience:
- Educated to HNC level in an engineering discipline / equivalent experience
- Conversant with ISO9001 / AS9100 / TS16949
- Auditing experience
- QMS management is beneficial
- Experience of working within a precision machining environment
- Strong problem-solving skills - 8D, 5Y, etc.
- Aerospace / Defence experience is beneficial
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma methodologies
As the successful Quality Engineer will gain the opportunity to build a career in quality with a leading Aerospace engineering company, you will benefit from a competitive package and excellent career prospects. If you're passionate about quality then apply now.
Please forward your most up-to-date CV together with salary details quoting ref 11892/DS or by calling Dan Smith on .