£20,000- £25,000(see below for further information) plus benefits
Valeco Recruitment are working with our client who are based locally to our business in Dalkeith to recruit a permanent Estimator into their established business.
Our client is an established organisation and are now one of the world’s largest designers and manufacturers of diaries, organisers, notebooks, and tablet cases.
They have operations on three continents and distributors in more than 20 countries with a long-standing reputation worldwide.
What are they like?
Valeco Recruitment are based in Midlothian and I have grown up in the local area and our client are a company who look after and retain their staff.
They are based locally in Dalkeith and offer free car parking which will assist in the long commutes that you may already be doing daily.
On offer is a competitive basic salary from £20,000 - £25,000, however if you have a strong print background they may look at more to secure the right individual into this opportunity coupled with benefits including: 26 days holiday plus 8 stats, sick pay, pension, life assurance, managed time in lieu, product discounts and more!
Want to know more?
Reporting into the Manufacturing Support Manager your key business objective is to take direct responsibility for the origination and production of pricing estimates for sales or direct with customers when appropriate.
Being someone who has worked as an Estimator you will know the daily tasks and requirements for this role, however here are a few duties that you will be involved in:
- Working alongside management and your colleagues in sales operations assisting with product estimates in line with pricing guidelines published by the company
- Ensure implementation of agreed pricing and other commercial terms of trading including critical paths
- Build knowledge of the corporate market paying attention to market pricing, competitor analysis and the strengths that your company offers compared to others
- Information gathering and sharing with the operations team
- Supporting the communication between customers and the sales personnel
- Building up key relationships internally and externally face to face and over the telephone
- Produce and monitor print control spreadsheets to ensure and required print orders are completed and approved within each deadline set
- Provide weekly and monthly management information on individual customers incorporating sales margins and delivery performance
- Establish and main customer files accurately always along with other duties as requested by your direct line manager.
Ok, as we are working on behalf of our client our client has some set criteria that we are required to match. Take a good look over our requirements below and if you match apply on-line.
Remember when applying to ensure your CV is up to date and you have added in your current salary and what you are looking for to leave your current employer.
- Educated to HNC level or have a proven record of accomplishment
- Print production qualification ideal but not essential
- Detailed knowledge of production processes and materials
- Experience of working on MRP systems
- Continuous improvement projects experience required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- First class communication and organisational skills
- Analytical thinker
- Great team player who can also work unsupervised
- Ideal background in print, however we will look at other industries ideally manufacturing.
- Basic salary £20,000 - £25,000 however if you have print experience our client may pay more
- 26 days holiday plus 8 stats
- Sick Pay
- Life Assurance
- Managed Time
- Product Discounts
- Free Parking