Chef De Partie
Job Title: Chef De Partie
Reporting to: Sous Chef
Responsible for: NA
Salary: £17,000 - £20,000
Yumn Brasserie, an exciting new culinary experience at the heart of Croydon’s restaurant quarter. The newly renovated 150 cover Brasserie will offer diners an inspired selection of fine dining dishes along with locally sourced dry aged steaks in a chic and relaxed atmosphere. We are looking for staff that shares our passion in great food and outstanding service. Join us in our mission to put Croydon on the foodie map!
The restaurant will be open from 11am to 11pm seven days and therefore shift patterns will mean the post will require weekend and evening work.
As Chef De Partie you will oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on.
- Support the Sous chef and deputise for them as and when required.
- Prepare, cook and present dishes within your speciality.
- Coordinate, support and train any junior kitchen staff as and when required.
- Support the sous chef with dishes and menus.
- Ensure consistency of produce throughout the kitchen.
- Assist in the supervision of service ensuring presentation of food is compliant with restaurant
- Administrative duties associated with the role.
- Any other reasonable duties.
General kitchen duties
- To ensure that all food is prepared hygienically and safely at all times.
- Compliance with food labelling and temperature controls.
- To minimise food waste at all times.
- To inform/deal with any dangerous/hazardous equipment.
- To ensure operating equipment is kept clean and safe.
- To work cleanly and tidily at all times.
- To clean any food areas.
- To ensure all recipes and standards are followed.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Adhere to the company's uniform standards.
The following are requirements of the post:
NVQ level 1 & 2 or equivalent
Experience & knowledge:
- Experience of working in a similar role for 2 years or more
- Experience of working with junior kitchen staff to support, develop and train them
- Knowledge of all appropriate legislation relating to a restaurant.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience of adhering and valuing health and safety in a restaurant environment.
Skills & behaviours:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and providing customers with excellent food and a wonderful dining experience.
- Solve problems - Through involving individuals and teams in decision-making processes.
- Time Management - Organise time and resources effectively.
- Verbal Communication - Communicate face-to-face whenever possible.
- Interpersonal skills - Engage with people at all levels to get the best outcomes.
· Be able to thrive under extreme pressure, long hours and in a heated environment.
- Show a commitment to the Company’s equal opportunities policy.
- To work in a professional manner.
- Be committed to the health and safety of the Company.
- Show commitment to your own and others’ learning and continuing professional development.
- Committed to the Company’s ethos of having a passion for great food and outstanding service
It is the post holder’s responsibility to ensure that you operate within a secure and legal environment at all times, working within the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and within the Company’s health and safety policy/procedures.