Quantity Surveyor - House Building
Quantity Surveyor - Permanent - Main contractor - House Building
Competitive salary + package (negotiable)
This is a career opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work for a leading regional contractor who pride themselves in delivering quality Affordable Housing projects. The company is looking for experienced QS to join their successful commercial team. Based between the Cardiff office and a project within 30 mins from Cardiff. There is a good opportunity to progress to Commercial Management and this company has a good track record of promoting and developing staff.
The role - Quantity Surveyor
You will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor who can support continued business growth in the region. You will be reporting to a Commercial Manager and will be responsible for controlling the day to day commercial on one or more new build or refurbishment project typically from £2Million to £10Million but occasionally up to £10M+. You will be able to work in a fast paced environment where attention to detail is of utmost importance and the quality of the build is of an exceptional standard.
- Managing the commercial aspects associated with construction projects as part of a team.
- Oversee general Pre-contract procurement and tendering documentation
- Manage and procure all required Contractual Appointments and Warranties from supply chain as required
- Provide mentor and ongoing CPD training to junior commercial staff where appropriate
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensuring that cashflow is maximised including ensuring that payments are received on time.
- Preparation of monthly management and financial performance reports.
To qualify for this position you must have recent experience working on Residential new build projects in excess of £3Million in value as QS, and have a proven track record for delivery. Ideally you would have already worked for a regional or national main contractor or house builder on either private or affordable housing developments. The successful candidate will also likely be HND or Degree qualified in a Construction related qualification.
What is on Offer
You will benefit from an excellent salary plus package including company car or car allowance, medical cover and pension. A bonus scheme is also in place. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful builder with a solid reputation and strong repeat client base and have a strong platform for career progression.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jamie Risdale at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on