Site Manager - Permanent - Affordable Housing
£30,000 - £38,000 + Car + Benefits
This is an opportunity for a Site Manager to work for an established regional contractor who pride themselves in delivering quality Affordable Housing projects. The company has recently won multiple residential projects across the Bath + 30 mins area and is looking for an experienced Site Manager to join their delivery teams.
The role - Site Manager
You will be an experienced Site Manager who can support continued business growth in the region. You will be reporting to a Contracts Manager and will be responsible for managing and controlling the day to day site activities to meet programmes in accordance with the company policies and procedures on construction refurbishment projects. Projects are typically refurbishments and new build between £200k - £5Million.
- Achieve production targets and carry out programming and monitoring to ensure that deadlines are met
- Read and understand specifications, drawings, preliminaries, preambles and contract documentation
- Produce H&S and O&M on completion of projects
- Requisition and management of materials/delivery
- Issue subcontractors with regular short term programmes to ensure planned progress is achieved
- Hold progress meetings
- Display on site an up to date copy of the construction programme indicating the progress to date
- Give full consideration to the tender allowances when establishing the site compound
- Liaise with the design team, clients, subcontractors and suppliers to and maintain good working relationships
- Attend monthly cost meetings and agree contribution forecast
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety aspects
- Obtain risk assessments and method statements from contractors prior to work commencement
- Handle all customer care issues in a timely and professional manor
To qualify for this position you must have experience working on residential construction projects and have a proven track record for delivery. Ideally you would have already worked for a regional contractor or house builder on either provate or affordable housing projects.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jamie Risdale at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on
All applications will be dealt with the strictest confidence and we have a non-discrimination policy