Rutherford Briant are recruiting exclusively for a Finance Director based in Witham. Due to an internal restructure this a newly created position to support both the Managing Director and CEO. Managing a small finance team you will provide commercial and strategic insight to senior stakeholders. The business is going through an interesting transition which requires stability and direction from an experienced Finance Director.
- Monitor the performance of the group, its profit centres and its divisions, making recommendations to the CEO for changes and adjustments that will lead to improved efficiency and productivity.
- Monitoring cash flow, and seeking options and opportunities on an on-going basis, to secure funding facilities that will support the cash flow requirements of the group.
- Preparing budgets for each profit and cost centre as agreed with the CEO and thereafter, overseeing the budgets to ensure that all budget holders adhere to them and meet the same.
- Effectively manage the accounts & finance department personnel and process, paying particular attention to the accuracy of the management accounts that are prepared each month for the AGH board.
- Prepare and maintain a group business plan encompassing strategy for growth and on-going stability. The plan should be based on an outlook of five years but is to be reviewed each year prior to the submission of our audited accounts.
- To work with the CEO in all matters of overall business strategies and see supervise the implementation of the same.
- Build relationships with prospective and existing funders to enable us to utilise loan and funding mechanisms that are made available to us as a result of the said relationships.
- The role is a dual position and requires the post holder to operate in capacity of finance director in group and at limited company level.
- Contributes to the achievement of the company objectives by providing advice and guidance on financial strategy.
- Meet with the Board of Directors regularly to keep them informed and to offer direction.
- Review reports and analyse projections of sales and income against actual figures and suggests methods of improving the planning process.
- In conjunction with the Board, assess the long term financial trends and review prospects for future growth of income, new business strategy initiatives and new product areas.
The ideal candidate will be fully qualified with some years of post-qualification experience at Finance Director level. You will also have the proven ability of being part of strategic decisions at board level.