Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Permanent - Main contractor
Competitive salary + package (negotiable)
This is an opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work for a leading regional contractor who pride themselves in delivering quality projects. The company has recently won multiple projects across the Bristol/South West and is looking for an experienced Assistant QS to join their successful commercial team. This is a good opportunity for career progression from either a graduate or trainee QS role for someone that wants to progress their career.
The role - Assistant Quantity Surveyor
You will have at least 1 years post degree experience as an Assistant QS or Trainee Quantity Surveyor in main contracting.The role will support continued business growth in the region. You will be reporting to a Senior QS and will be assisting in the day to day commercial on new build or refurbishment projects, typically around £1M-£3M.
- Assisting in managing commercial aspects associated with construction projects as part of a team.
- Help with Pre-contract procurement and tendering documentation
- Manage and procure all required Contractual Appointments and Warranties from supply chain as required
- Provide mentoring and ongoing CPD training to junior commercial staff where appropriate
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and KPI's.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met.
- Ensuring that cashflow is maximised including ensuring that payments are received on time.
- Preparation of monthly management and financial performance reports.
To qualify for this position you must have experience working on construction projects in excess of £500k in value as Trainee or Assistant QS. Ideally you would have already worked for a regional or national contractor across the general contracting industry on Education, Healthcare, Commercial or Industrial projects.
What is on Offer
You will benefit from an excellent salary plus package. This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful builder with a solid reputation and strong repeat client base.
If you are interested in this exciting position please click the link below or contact Jamie Risdale at Thorn Baker. Additionally if you would like to have an informal discussion about other opportunities please do not hesitate to call me on