Corporate Tax Senior Bristol
This is a rare opportunity to join a leading Accountancy firm in their Bristol Clifton offices.
The successful applicant will work closely with the existing corporation tax team, the audit team and partners to manage a portfolio of clients. The corporate tax team consists of a Director, Manager, three Assistant Managers and a Trainee.
Duties will include the preparation of corporation tax returns and computations, helping with day-to-day client and HMRC queries, close interaction with clients (including on-site visits), working with the existing corporate tax team on tax planning and advise projects (including preparing claims for capital allowances and for tax reliefs available for innovative companies, e.g. R&D tax relief claims) and tax administration.
The role provides a variety of work as the corporate client portfolio is varied and includes OMB’s, SME’s, groups (including international groups) and some not-for-profit organisations.
You will have relevant experience in a corporate tax role, is likely to come from a professional services firm and should be able to demonstrate that you are confident in dealing with their colleagues, partners and clients alike.
In order to manage your own portfolio and review the work of others, prioritisation and organisational skills are essential to ensure all deadlines are met. Individuals must be able to work on their own initiative in this respect. With this role, come the pre-requisites that you are motivated, committed and flexible with the ability to meet deadlines. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
This is a very good opportunity for a strong corporate tax senior to come on board and add value to a readily established corporate tax team.
You should be ATT qualified and may also be CTA and/or ACA/ACCA qualified. Experience with Alphatax would also be helpful.
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Twenty days annual leave. In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the firm’s flexible benefit programme.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution).
- Salary review annually in October.
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health screening / GP support, childcare vouchers, critical illness cover, dental insurance, travel insurance and private medical insurance.