Qualified Accountant required to assist in the management of the financial affairs of our client's company which is a very well-respected insurance company, based in Dorking.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant, ideally with experience in insurance, who is driven by a desire to succeed and has an interest in improving their skills with ongoing CPD. They should be a good all-rounder, team worker and have a positive attitude. In return the company offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Principle Accountabilities of the Qualified Accountant:
- Monthly Financial & Management Reporting.
- Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Budget reporting.
- Assist in management of the Finance Department.
- Ensure Financial Records meet internal & external audit.
- Year-end reporting.
- Produce regulatory returns.
- Assist the HR department in payroll requirements and post-preparation
- Report to the Investment Committee, playing a key role in setting and executing the investment strategy.
- Assist with filing UK corporation tax, IPT and VAT returns.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours of the Qualified Accountant:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or equivalent (ACA and ACCA)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge is required. Insurance knowledge is beneficial.
- Maintain qualification through Continued Professional Development.
- Knowledge and experience of leading a finance function. Will have played a role in preparation or approval of financial and regulatory returns.
- Competent in planning and organising
- Able to deliver results and embrace change
- Effective leadership, team work and skilled at developing people
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package (30 days annual leave, 35 hour work week, annual pay review, bonus, pension, overtime, Bupa assistance, Tastecard etc).
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: £48k - £50k plus excellent benefits package
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Please make your application for this role directly to Rainford Berry Ltd.
Keywords: Qualified, Accountant, Insurance, Senior Accountant