Commercial Assistant - Civils Department - Major Client
An excellent Commercial Assistant role has just come up for an international prestigious construction consultancy client based in Bristol within their Highways division - CIVILS
A truly excellent role for a candidate wishing to join the company on a permanent basis.
This role may suit a graduate with a few years experience but with a desire to learn more and progress within a nurturing environment.
The main aim of the role, Assist the Commercial and Financial Management Teams in effective Cost and Contract Management of the project.
KEY Areas Cost controls, contract administration, value and efficiency management, Change Management
The successful candidate will be responsible for and have experience in:
- Preparing and maintain Contract financial statistics.
- Providing consistency in quality of Applications and invoicing to the client
- Pro-actively ensure Timesheets, Expenses, Invoices are prepared, submitted and approved in a timely manner and that they are recorded accurately against correct Tasks and Projects
- Liaising with Client representatives to foster and sustain a good and trusted working relationship.
- Maintaining an Auditable trail of documentation.
- Supporting the /Workstream lead in Costing, Production, Submission and Change requests
- Preparing Monthly Applications for Payment that will define areas of spend in accordance with agreed contract scope of Task Orders and assist in queries or issues to facilitate approval.
- Raising Invoices against appropriate applications, maintain Debtors log and progress payments.
- Preparing Client Account monthly report to show Overall Contract Costs Status - Budgets, Planned and Forecast costs. Explain variances
- Ensuring all costs are recorded accurately against Scope and monitor spend to budget.
- Attending Contract Review meetings if and when required.
- Maintenance of Invoice logs to provide Asset management information.
- To maintain accurate RFI/ EWN/ CEN logs
- To provide ad hoc reports as directed by the Project Controls Manager
- To Produce and manage the Change Request Log
- To ensure that all change records are supported by an accompanying schedule and cost impact assessment
- To re-route change approvals if an approver is unavailable (for example due to annual leave)
Your application will be reviewed by BlueCrest Recruitment. BlueCrest Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only contact you within the next 21 days if your application has been successful and have been selected for an interview.