PR and Communications Officer
PR and Communications Officer, £23000 - £27000, Birmingham, Permanent
Your new company
Your new company is a prestigious educational institution in a beautiful part of Birmingham. They are looking for a PR and Communications Officer to join their team.
Your new role
In your new role as PR and Communications Officer your responsibilities are as follows:
* Develop and deliver the schools marketing and pupil recruitment and retention strategy in conjunction with the Headmaster and Admissions Manager.
* Organise the production of marketing materials with external agencies such as digital design agencies, print suppliers, advertisers, event organisers etc.
* Organise, review and promote school marketing events such as open days and the annual speech day.
* Assist in the growing number of other school events such as School Parents Association (PSA) events.
* Market the School Holiday Fun Club programme and act as the admin coordinator for these.
* Proactively work with staff and pupils to identify and produce newsworthy content that celebrates successes internally and externally.
* Copywriting for the school website, brochures, newsletters, magazine, emails, advertorials and PR articles.
* Coordinate school photography and maintain a digital database of photographs and images that can be used on the website and to support articles and publications.
* Maintain the school's press cuttings book.
* Oversee the production of the school magazine.
* Day to day content management of the school website and social networking accounts such as Facebook and Twitter.
* Manage and analyse the digital profile for the school.
* Conduct market research and surveys from time to time with parent and prospective parent groups.
* Gather market intelligence on competitor schools and programmes for use in rankings and other forms of market analysis.
* Measure and evaluate the schools marketing activities and produce regular reports for the Headmaster and the Admissions Manager, highlighting any recommendations/ trends.
* Maintain a working relationship with other schools, businesses and organisations.
* Nurture relationships with local press and identify key contacts nationally.
* Able to work flexible hours as and when required, for example in the lead up to open days or main school events.
* Attend relevant external events to promote the school.
* To support the Admissions Manager as and when required.
* Undertake reception cover duties as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed as a PR and Communications Officer you will need the following:
Experience & Knowledge
* Minimum of 3 years marketing and/ or public relations experience, ideally in a customer focussed industry.
* Experience of managing activities and projects to deadlines.
* Experience of website content management.
* Experience in publishing/ PR processes.
* Experience of promotional events.
* Ability to understand and interpret data and information such as market research.
Skills and Abilities
* Ability to establish and maintain good professional relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues.
* Excellent copywriting and PR skills.
* Excellent organisational and project management skills.
* To demonstrate excellent effective verbal and written communication skills.
* To demonstrate good literacy, numeracy and analytical skills.
* High level of competence in the use of ICT and some experience in Desktop Publishing.
* Capacity to work independently and in an organised manner.
* Good team player with a flexible, industrious attitude.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a salary of £23000 - £27500
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.