Compliance Manager - Permanent - Full Time - £25,836-£34,662 DOE
First 2 Recruit Ltd is working on behalf of our client in Bristol who urgently require an experienced Compliance Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The salary for this role is £25,836 - £34,662, dependant on experience.
Purpose of the Compliance Manager role;
To develop and maintain safeguards to ensure that the company continues to operate as an ethical and sustainable business operating in compliance with all of its statutory, regulatory, legal, contractual, and societal obligations. These obligations will include those arising out of Competition Law, the respective water licence obligations of the company, customer data security, quality standards or any third-party accreditations. Where these obligations are provided by a third party ensure that the appropriate level of balance is placed on the fulfilment of these obligations compared to performance improvement.
In the post of Compliance Manager you will have the following duties;
- Maintain an understanding of the company's obligations as required by any licence to operate as awarded by Ofwat or WICS or any other legal requirement placed upon the business;
- Maintain and understand the company's obligations under any market codes that it might operate under and in particular those operated by Market Operator Services Limited in England and Wales, and the Central Market Authority in Scotland;
- Advise on any proposed changes to these statutes, licences or codes and the impact that these may have on the company;
- Implement and maintain an accountability matrix for these obligations and implement a periodic assurance process as to compliance;
- Where the fulfilment of these obligations are outsourced to third parties ensure that the contracts contain the correct compliance requirements;
- Develop and maintain the company's risk register and ensure that there is an organisational focus on the meaningful identification and mitigation of risk;
- Obtain and maintain organisational accreditations (e.g. ISO 9001, call centre accreditations etc.);
- work with external auditors;
- Develop and maintain the company's Corporate Social Responsibility Policy and report performance against it as required;
- Maintain relationships with relevant wholesalers that the company trades with;
- Represent the company at relevant industry events and working groups.
The ideal post-holder would have:
- Compliance experience (2 years min) in a competitive but highly regulated industry (utilities, finance, airlines);
- Experience of managing service providers to improve performance whilst maintaining levels of compliance;
- A qualification (or part qualification) as a lead auditor or other compliance qualification;
- Experience of developing and maintaining compliance and assurance frameworks, including as a minimum, but not limited to ISO9001;
- An ability to operate in a new and evolving market place;
- Demonstrable experience of an ability to work with others to deliver compliance rather than highlighting non-compliance;
- An ability to suitably challenge other members of the management team;
- Be seen as an approachable and trusted member of the management team.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential and termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. This electronic message is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.