Project Buyer - HC40
We’re looking to recruit for an experienced Project Buyer to join a client of ours in Darlington. The successful candidate would be responsible for the identification, sourcing and purchase of all goods and services.
- Work closely with all appropriate internal and external stakeholders to deliver and improve the procurement service
- Issue of appropriate Invitation to Tender / Request for Quotation, discussing queries, analysing quotations and make recommendation to the appropriate budget holders
- Explore new product ranges and services in order to maintain competitiveness
- Monitor market trends, fluctuations and product availability in order to effectively monitor prices and product lead times and advise relevant internal stakeholders as necessary.
- Negotiate prices/rates, programme, scope of works, terms and conditions, etc., to provided best value and formally enter into Purchase or Subcontract Orders to reflect negotiated Agreements.
- Act as the interface between customer and vendor to develop and maintain business relationships
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of departments computerised procurement systems and databases in own areas of responsibility
- Analyse financial data, identify errors and solve problems regarding complex invoice queries
- Any adhoc duties issued by the Procurement Manager
The ideal candidate will have
- HND / NVQ4 / CIPS Level 6 or equivalent (Bachelor’s Degree desirable)
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Time Management
- Strong interpersonal skills