Head of Web Design and Development
Are you looking for a move to the coast? Of course you are!
We are working with one of the leading digital marketing agencies in the UK who work with the most prestigious clients across a range of key sectors.
They are looking for an experienced head of web design and development with a proactive and hands-on approach with the ability to build a "centre of excellence" digital design and development team.
You will work closely with our commercial team in a pre-sales capacity having the gravitas to lead pitches by using storytelling to bring creative ideas to life for prospects and clients. The role also requires hands on delivery of client projects.
You will have agency-side experience and you will have led teams of web designers and developers.
You'll be responsible for identifying opportunities for technology diversification, helping to drive pipeline and resourcing accordingly whilst making sure that the team is consistently utilised. In addition you'll be leading the web design and development team (currently 8 talented heads), who specialise in Microsoft technologies. Experience of delivering mobile solutions is desirable for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a well-respected agency, leading their design and development output and working with a highly skilled team.
Skills, knowledge and experience…
- Significant leadership, management and strategic consulting abilities gained from working across different clients
- Web solutions design and development
- Strong understanding of UX and data principles
- A demonstrable experience of recruiting, managing and motivating technical teams
- Understanding development infrastructures, application, security and build processes and deployment
- Ability and gravitas to lead pitches by using storytelling to bring creative ideas to life for prospects and clients
- Understanding of business finances and commercial acumen
- Experience of working collaboratively with internal and client teams as well as 3rd party suppliers
- Dynamic, assertive and open minded with a can do attitude and a good head for business and commercial context
- You'll be a strategic thinker, natural problem solver with experience of helping a business to broaden and diversify their design and development offering
- Strong interpersonal skills; numerate and literate with excellent communication skills
- Experience of a coaching style of management
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills, meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task
- The gravitas and credibility to build relationships with executives at all business levels
What you'll get in return
- An amazing office to work in
- Excellent training and personal development
- Access to industry events
- Use of our commercial grade in-office gym
- Access to the 'Cycle to Work' scheme
- An invitation to numerous social events including Christmas parties that are worth shouting about
- Use of a well-stocked Friday afternoon beer fridge
- Full use of games area with Xbox and PS3, as well as a pool table and dartboard
- Help with travel costs
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry. Develop your career within our fast-growing digital marketing agency.
If this sounds like you please applyASAP!
Check out our Jobs Page for more like this.
At Hanover we believe in "greater digital recruitment".
We value being Transparent, Consultative, Innovative and Personable.