Research & Administration Internship
Please send a CV and covering letter, outlining how you meet the criteria stated in the Person Specification and responsibilities of the role. Please also include a short section in your covering letter explaining to us what woods and trees mean to you.
We expect your CV to be honest and accurate. Before offering this post, we will check material facts recorded on your CV and covering letter. We may also ask you to undertake an online assessment as part of the short-listing process.
Interviews for short-listed candidates will be held on 6th and 7th September 2017. If necessary, please indicate which of these dates is more convenient to you. Otherwise we will assume you are available for interview on either day.
Introduction to the role:
The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international organisation dedicated to ensuring that forests are managed in a responsible manner across the globe. FSC UK, based in Llanidloes, Powys, is one of the larger national offices. FSC UK is a registered charity responsible for promoting the FSC’s aims and objectives throughout the United Kingdom.
FSC UK is introducing an Internship Programme which will offer a hands-on opportunity to work in the environmental charity sector whilst developing professional skills and competencies. This will provide a unique experience designed to enhance the professional development and functioning of the successful candidate whilst offering an opportunity to meet contacts and build a professional network.
The Research and Administration Intern will provide general support to the FSC UK team and specific support to the FSC UK management team on agreed projects. He/she will also assist with the administration of the Trademark Service Programme.
Main purpose and responsibilities of the role:
- Assist in the smooth and efficient running of the FSC UK office
- Review and compile information from journals, research reports and websites as identified by the management team
- Provide research support for FSC UK projects as identified by the management team
- Provide administrative support to FSC UK staff as required
- Support the trademark service programme by collating, verifying and recording data
- Update FSC databases and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) packages
- Proofread FSC documents and publications
- Collate and distribute FSC resources upon request, including Certificate Holder and Trademark Licence Holder Packs
- Assist with the preparation of specific campaigns and exhibitions
- Other duties as required
Education, training and qualifications:
- A good general level of education (at least 3 A levels or equivalent)
- An existing understanding of FSC
- Degree or equivalent level of knowledge acquired through experience and training/development
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent IT skills
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written communication
- Good verbal communication
- Experience of using a CRM database such as Salesforce
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- Administrative experience
- Patient and polite
- Good telephone manner
- Flexible attitude to working environment and ability to work as part of a small and dynamic team
- A positive, enthusiastic approach
- Self-motivated and self-reliant
- A positive attitude towards routine tasks
- Relate to the ethos of responsible forest management
- Ability to follow instructions and accept guidance
- Attention to detail and ability to undertake and manage accurate recording and reporting of information
- Ability to maintain good working relationships.
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to prioritise own workload