Cost Accountant- £35k plus study support and benefits
A leading manufacturing business in Somerset is looking to strengthen the finance team through the appointment of a cost accountant into the team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be take responsible for providing accurate and detailed product costings to the senior leadership team. This is a highly commercial role as you will have exposure to new product design and overall business analysis which in turn will help to improve profitability.
- Identify opportunities for potential cost improvements
- Business partnering with the Senior leadership team and the manufacturing teams
- Product costing and stock valuation
- Maintaining internal controls for operations, sales, engineering, and finance
- Assist in implementing system changes
- Create accurate costings for modifications to existing products and new product development
- Review and audit of manufacturing processes
You will be a part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant from a manufacturing environment, who is looking to progress with their studies in a role where the main emphasis will be to add real commercial value. You will be a hands on self- starter with an inquisitive mind and excellent attention to detail. In addition, you will need strong Excel skills and be a natural communicator due to high level of interaction with senior stakeholders within the organisation. This is a fantastic career opportunity.