Compliance & Legal Assistant
A Compliance & Legal Assistant in Brighton & Hove for up to £30K
A Compliance & Legal Assistant job in the Brighton & Hove area of East Sussex has arisen within this 180 strong office of the UK head office of this global online gaming empire. The office is responsible for all of the Legal and Compliance support services for the business group.
Purpose of the Role: To assist the Compliance Manager with all matters relating to compliance.
- Assisting Compliance Manager with administration of risk assessments of the Company's processes and procedures in light of various legal regulatory and operational requirements.
- Assisting the Compliance Manager in implementing various policies and procedures, to ensure that business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assisting Operations with various compliance queries and procedural escalations, in particular assisting with customer complaint escalations from the Customer Service department.
- Working alongside the Compliance Manager to ensure effective communications with local and foreign regulators and legal bodies.
- Liaising with other companies, service providers, external legal advisors, local government, regulatory authorities (local and foreign) and relevant service providers in various jurisdictions, as and when required.
- Assisting with the development of compliance protocols.
- Preparing regular and ad hoc reports with respect to regulatory requirements and developments as instructed by the Compliance Manager.
- Assisting with audits as and when required.
- Drafting responses to queries and investigations conducted by various official bodies.
- Proactively raising awareness of compliance risks throughout the business.
- Performing legal research.
- Preparing legal documents.
- Taking minutes and initiating and replying to correspondence.
- Maintaining records, organising files and archiving.
- Maintain an effective filing system.
- Receiving and sorting incoming mail where required.
- Working in partnership with other key stakeholders in the business, to ensure full adherence with the
Company's policies and procedures.
- Keep information confidential.
- Keeping abreast of professional knowledge by participating in training, maintaining personal networks and studying developments within the industry.
- Escalating issues to Compliance Manager as appropriate.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties as instructed by senior management.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Spanish and English
- Experience in a regulated environment.
- Ability to update and review regulatory documents.
- Strong working knowledge of various areas of compliance and the ability to apply these to real life situations.
- Excellent prioritising skills, ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Proactive and results-driven approach.
- Ability to explain compliance issues to employees from other departments in a clear and concise way.
Desirable Skills and Abilities:
- Working Knowledge of European languages.
- Experience in managing regulatory relationships.
- Experience of working in the online gaming and betting industry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent through experience.