KCR Solutions are currently recruiting for a Production Accountant for our client in Newton Aycliffe. They are looking for someone who has experience using Sage software, and can fulfil all duties that would be expected of someone in that position. The successful candidate will earn £26,000-£28,000.
Purpose of the role:
Provide sufficient financial insight to the business to ensure well informed decisions are made and improvement opportunities are identified.
- Liaise with senior management, operational teams and the supply team to provide analysis of material usage and labour performance for the factory.
- Work with the Operations Director and Production Managers to identify issues, trends and potential alternatives to improve profitability, and provide support with the preparation of improved management information.
- Review weekly KPIs.
- Provide analysis of cost and manufacturing variances. Monitor and report on appropriate physical information, eg headcount, pool balance movement and sickness absence.
- Review stock analysis and investigate variances, making recommendations for cost reductions.
- Monitor inventory transactions and stock reconciliations, ensuring transactional accuracy.
- Liaise with the Technical Director and design teams to ensure all manufacturing projects are fully costed and any variances are investigated and resolved before production.
- Take ownership of the factory / production overheads and maintain the standard costing system.
- Assist with the month end accounts preparation, ensuring that all transactions occur to deliver a timely and accurate month end process for the operations area.
- Assist with the preparation of the standard cost budget for the year as well as regular forecasts.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Part qualified (CIMA / ACCA) / qualified by experience
- Highly analytical
- Advanced spreadsheet knowledge and ability to manipulate large quantities of data using pivot tables and formulae
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Ability to liaise with employees at all levels within the organisation, both finance and non finance
Please note, due to the expected high levels of applications for this post we may be unable to offer an individual response. If you have not heard back from ourselves within 5 days of forwarding your CV then unfortunately on this occasion your application will have been unsuccessful.