Finance Manager - Brighton
Fixed Term Contract for 1 year to cover maternity leave
Based in Central Brighton (10 minute walk from Brighton station)
Up to £36,000 per annum plus further benefits
Tony Alan Recruitment currently has an exciting job opportunity for a Head of Finance to join an international growing business in the Brighton area on a fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave for one year. Due to the growth of the business, there may be an opportunity to be made permanent.
The Head of Finance will report to and work closely with the CSO to ensure the provision of accurate financial management information to the Board and Senior Management Team. They will oversee all the financial controls of the company and will have the day to day operational control of the Finance team, currently comprising of one Bookkeeper and one Office Administrator.
Your duties will include:
- Prepare the monthly consolidated management accounts
- Work alongside the bookkeeper to maintain all financial records t
- Ensure accounts and reporting are in line with required accounting standards
- Check and prepare quarterly VAT return, including reconciliation of used sales and returns
- Work with the company accountants to finalise audited YE accounts to deadline
- Finalise and sign off monthly financial KPI reports
- Ensure monthly budgets are communicated and controlled
- Monitor and forecast cash flows
- Preparation of financial reporting for the Board
- Immediately available or on a short notice period
- Management accounting experience
- Strong IT/Systems & Excel knowledge
- Methodical and organised mind set
- Hands on attitude & ability to get on with tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a supervisory role and as part of a team
- Multinational experience preferred but not essential
The ideal candidate will have had some exposure of working in a similar role and is looking to take on a more senior position within a small but ambitious team.
If you feel that you would be suitable for this position then please apply with your CV.
REFER A FRIEND SCHEME: If you refer a candidate to us and they are placed you will be eligible for a cash reward!
Due to the high number of CV’s we receive we are unable to respond to all applications therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume you are unsuccessful in this instance.