Technical Installation Engineer South West London
Lantec UK is one of the leading IT services and logistics provider with expertise in EPOS, Card Terminal and client server installations. Our clients range from your local Grocers to Super Brand organisations such as Waitrose, Tesco, Lloyds, WorldPay and so forth. We have been established for over 18 years, employ a total headcount of 300, with an annual turnover of £12 million and operate throughout the UK.
We work hard to give our customers a better experience and we’re all about rewarding hard work through recognition and progression. As an employee of Lantec, you will find variety in your role, have the autonomy to think outside of the box and really apply yourself.
Engineers will be paid £18.90 Per installation, covering South London area
Main Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an Installation Engineer (who after training) can carry out Installs & De-Stalls of our customer’s equipment on our customers sites.
· To carry out installations upgrades of equipment within your area to install hardware and software to meet our clients requirements
· To Install and configure Chip & Pin Terminals
· To comply with company and customer procedures for escalating issues on site, both technical and client related
· To complete all relevant administration and paperwork tasks using a PDA
· To ensure quality of installation and processes are maintained at all times
· To ensure stock records are accurate and up-to-date
· To deal with Clients at all levels in a professional manner
· Work closely with scheduling team to resolve issues and where appropriate escalate to Regional Manager
· Previous Installation experience preferable but not essential. Must be willing to travel throughout the area within the day
· Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle
· To be eligible for company insurance, candidates must be over 21
· Must be Customer focused with the confidence to work alongside the customer in a one to one environment
· An effective communicator
· Some background experience in an IT role or similar would be desirable
· Ability to carry out specific tasks with minimum supervision
Please note that all offers of employment are subject to the successful completion of Pre-Employment Screening checks. To meet this, all applicants will need to provide the following; Valid Passport/Visa or UK Birth Cert (with proof of NI) Utility Bill/Bank StatementDriving Licence.
As part of the screening process, the following checks will be carried out;
Address history check
Criminal record CheckFinancial sanctions checkReference check for the last 2 years
Applications will be considered from applicants who live within a 30 mile radius of the specified are