DevOps Engineer London
Reporting to the TSS DevOps Manager
About the company
Our client Group is the leading provider of Server Based Gaming systems and the pioneer of Open Server Based Gaming (Open SBG™). Our software platform supports an extensive range of content and hardware from third parties. This unprecedented flexibility enables our customers to maximise the benefits of Server Based Gaming through the provision of greater choice to their player bases.
We are also the leading global provider of Virtual Sports gaming and have recently expanded into managed Online Gaming and bespoke Online Gaming Solutions.
We operate in 22 countries and manage over 50,000 terminals worldwide in addition to our online presence.
About the role
The DevOps Engineer role is based in our London Office and bridges the gap between Development and IT Operations. As the IT Operations side of DevOps, our focus is designing, optimising and automating solutions while working towards the ultimate goal of Continuous Delivery. A broad range of technical skills are required. The ability to work alone, on IT Operations projects and in development Sprints is required. Experience with an ITIL based Service Desk tool would be a definite advantage as would exposure to JIRA.
- Involvement in the design of IT Operations functions
- Automation of IT Operations functions
- Creation of new Operational solutions both in the Cloud and on Premise
- Automation and configuration management of IT Operations assets
- Set up and standardisation of monitoring solutions
- Strong technical support background with development skills that can be leveraged to provision automated infrastructure deployment and management mechanisms
- Experienced Redhat Linux Sys Admin (the majority of our VM’s are RHEL)
- Windows Server deployment and configuration automation
- Docker Orchestration
- Apache Tomcat and Webserver deployment and tuning optimisation
- Ansible, Python, Bash & Powershell scripting
- Nagios/Check_MK monitoring and performance metric design
- RESTFUL API (json, xml)
- Familiarity with Cloud Provisioning e.g. Amazon AWS, Google, Azure
- ESK or ELK Stack e.g. Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Experience in the development lifecycle from Design through to Support
- Familiarity with ITIL principles
- Familiarity with Agile working practices
- Experience with Atlassian products e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Crucible
- Knowledge of CDN Providers
- Knowledge of Networking
- Version Control with SVN and Git
- Liquibase or other database automation tools