Head of Commercial Services - are you a strategic relationship builder?
Head of Commercial Services
£37,500 plus £10,000 OTE plus an attractive benefits package
Our client a well established and reputable membership organisation based in Wolverhampton are looking to recruit a Head of Commercial Services to lead on increasing the percentage of overall turnover that comes from commercial products and services. This role would suit someone who wants to work for a successful and well established organisation who is highly commercial, strategic and sales focussed.
The duties of the Head of Commercial Services will include:
• Assist and guide the team to identifying new market opportunities, determining the optimal pricing levels to balance profit with customer/client satisfaction, and directing procurement operations.
• To provide visible and strategic leadership.
• Ensuring customer retention remains high and encourage new business growth.
• Provide tailor-made advice, recommendations and support services to existing and potential new customers
• Further develop existing and future, high value and complex supplier contracts.
• Oversee the identification, nurturing and closing of new sales opportunities within a defined account base
• Asses all proposals, tenders to ensure both retention of existing business and successful on boarding of new business, providing recommendation for group sign off
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emerging markets, market trends and developments in areas of interest and relevance to the business, delivering opportunities for next generation solutions
• Develop and optimise existing event solutions, continuously seeking improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, which includes sign off of each event P&L
• Interact closely with the direct reports and Director, to gather, monitor and analyse the performance of the team and division
• Ensure all payments are recovered in agreed terms
• Drive an increase the income generated in conjunction with the up-sell and cross-sell of services and products offered
• Review and update management information to ensure team deliver timely, accurate reporting which will drive out KPI's
The ideal Head of Commercial Services will have the following key skills:
• P&L experience
• Must have a full UK driving licence
• Experience of working in a high-pressure business to business sales environment
• Experience of managing accounts and relationships for multiple clients
• Experience of presenting to clients at a senior management level
• Must be driven, motivated and used to working within a challenging environment
• A finisher, by nature with an ability to know how to close a deal
• Ability to analyse results, identify and explain any variance from targets;
• An ability to present bespoke proposals that meet customers' needs
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build effective business and colleague relationships
The company offer a competitive salary paying £37,500 plus £10,000 OTE plus an attractive benefits package including free car parking.