Paraplanner - Unique Accountancy Firm
AJ Chambers are currently recruiting for a Paraplanner on behalf of a unique Accountancy firm based in Bury St Edmunds.
They are independent Financial Planners, with a Discretionary Management Service which is managed in-house. They have a growing Financial Planning and Wealth Management department in their office, with an expanding client base and are therefore looking to recruit a new Paraplanner to join their enthusiastic team.
The Financial Planning department is an integral part of the services offered by our client.
The Paraplanner position is an important part of the team and the role will include:
- Liaising with clients, fellow team members and Advisers to deliver high quality, comprehensive and compliant recommendation reports, alongside excellent administration and customer service.
- Research and analyse data.
- Prepare bespoke recommendation reports to meet their client needs.
- Provide support to the Advisory team.
- Support the administration team by maintaining client records and inputting data into the back-office system.
- Comply with and have an excellent understanding of current regulations
- Keep up to date with industry and technical changes
- Maintaining client files to the correct standard and ensuring that our advice meets FCA requirements.
- Play a key role in the advice process, making suggestions to advisors, striving to find the right solution for our clients.
- The Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning, with a desire to develop further and work towards Chartered status.
- Excellent technical knowledge, experience in recommending a wide range of financial products including pensions, investments and life assurance.
- An interest in wider financial markets. A knowledge and understanding of the taxation system would be helpful.
- Excellent communication skills. Proficient IT skills with Microsoft Office programmes. Knowledge of IRESS Adviser Office would be preferred.
- Experience of working in a team, as well as corresponding directly with clients and third-party providers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. A professional telephone manner is important. Ideally you should have had previous experience producing bespoke recommendation reports.
- It is essential that you have a good eye for detail and be able to gather information from a variety of sources to provide high quality written work.
- An ability to work to deadlines, take pride in your work and a positive attitude are key requirements for this position.
- Good organisational skills are essential.
For more information on this role please contact Josie Studd at AJ Chambers or apply direct.