Data Services Senior Tester
As our new Data Services Senior Tester you will be working within AXA-I’s test team specifically looking at Data Services testing. You will be supporting multiple agile development teams to devise and implement context specific testing approaches and utilise technical testing techniques and tooling to deliver highly performant and resilient production software which will facilitate company wide distribution of accurate, trustworthy and consistent information.
In your role, you will champion good engineering and testing practices to enable development teams to deliver high quality, production ready solutions. Leading by example, you will be instrumental in elevating the testing practices within the teams as well as growing the software testing capability and coaching other software testers to develop their skills and knowledge in the Data Services field. You will be leading the way in testing big data, data warehousing and data transformation by leveraging cutting edge tools, techniques and processes.
What you will be doing
• Working with the Test Management community to define and continually refine Data Services test strategy to be adopted by our teams in AXA
• Provide technical advice and guidance to teams around test strategies for both manual and automated tests for Data Services
• Provide technology leadership by sharing knowledge with others
• Advise teams with regards to development standards, frameworks and guidance to maintain consistency throughout the software development lifecycle
• Lead and mentor other testers across the domain as needed
• Work with the DSDM Team Leads and Project Managers to define the objectives for testers within teams
• Work with the Test Management community to continuously improve testing and QA practices, particularly closing the gap between front end and Data Services testing
• Dive into teams when required to pull them out of fires and support initiatives which require senior input/guidance
• Ensuring the right test tooling and frameworks are in place to enable the teams to deliver against business needs now and in the future
What we can offer you
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater – here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
• Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance
• Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own
• 25 days holiday increasing with service plus bank holidays
• Interest free season ticket loan scheme
• Share Plan Scheme
• Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare
Who are we looking for?
You’re an experienced Lead Test Engineer, who is passionate about delivering quality projects and are now ready to jump into a high visibility role and change the future of data services testing at AXA. You will have experience in testing big data, and data warehousing ideally within one of the cloud platforms. You have a passion for technology and are familiar with developments and innovation in data testing.
People: Coaching, mentoring, leading IT staff in Data Services testing and test techniques
• Good Knowledge of SSIS, Visual Studio Team Services, Azure, SQL Server, SSAS and SSRS
• Appreciation of database structures, Logical Data Models (LDM), Physical Data Models (PDM) and Mapping
• Experienced in application of data warehouses, including metadata creation and management
• Knowledge of Azure (or other Cloud concepts), Business Objects and Informatica as well as an understanding of DevOps delivery methodology (nice to have)
• Experience of managing and resolution of Data Quality issues
• Experience of defining testing strategies in agile (DSDM) teams working with data
• Experience of testing authority / QA role, specifically around supporting and enforcing unit / local testing
• Experienced in applying the automation pyramid concepts in the data services and big data space
• Good understanding of DW/ETL, metadata creation and management concepts and related QA/Testing practices
• ISTQB Advanced certification