We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Newly Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) candidate who is looking to step up into a Financial Controller position and work alongside a commercial Finance Director.
The ideal candidate will ideally have worked in a SME environment (subsidery of larger company) and have had exposure of managing staff.
- Responsible or ensuring the management are regularly supplied with the appropriate quality and quantity of financial and business data to enable them to effectively manage the business.
- Maintain full accounting and business records for the all the Companies in the Group and any associated companies in accordance with policies and procedures, local legislation and fiscal requirements.
- Report on a monthly basis to management, the actual results for the month and forecast information as defined by company financial timetable and requirements.
- Comply with external audit requirements.
- Prepare statutory accounts for all companies and reconciliations to management accounts.
- Monthly preparation of the Sales personnel’s commission statements and the Sales Manager’s bonus provision.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Ensure that revenue recognition takes place at the appropriate time with a full recognition of the associated costs.
- Reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis for review with the Finance Director.
- Administer the Commission Plans.
- Implement and apply adequate internal control procedures to safeguard company assets.
- Ensure that cash is managed in the best interests of the Company.
- Involved in the completion of the weekly cash flow forecast.
- Provide leadership to the Finance department through exhibiting the skills and attributes of a leader in the finance team.
- Responsible for the training and development of the Finance staff to optimise employee performance and develop potential.
- Forecast cash receipts and payments on a weekly basis as required by the management.
- Identification of improvements required in working capital processes to reduce days of cash within internal cycles.
- Deputise for Finance Director.
The role offers excellent benefits and and an opportunity to develop and progress as the business grows over the next couple of years.
If you are interested then please apply today