- £100,000 plus shares
Head of Data Science - £100,000 plus shares - London
One of fastest growing fin-tech start-ups are looking at expanding their data science team by hiring a head of data science.
This fin-tech is a leader in business loans, they’re taking on global banking systems, finding better ways for businesses to borrow and investors to lend, by connecting them together. They may work in the finance industry, but at their core they are a technology company that does finance, positioning them at the front of the fin-tech revolution.
- Salary up to £100,000 plus shares (very lucative share scheme)
- One of the fastest growing fin-tech start-ups in the world
- A wide range of data science engagements - machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing etc
- Leading a team of 4 data scientists
- The role sits within Risk function and works closely with Credit Risk Strategy, Portfolio Management, Customer Analytics, Underwriting and IT Systems teams.
- Responsible for building / maintenance / re-development of the different scoring models and decision engines used within underwriting, fraud prevention, collections and recoveries, marketing.
- The role is focused on UK market but is also responsible for supporting other business functions in Europe.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required (Math, CS, Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques
- Experience in managing quantitative / tech teams.
- Excellent ability to translate complex problems into clear and simple stories.
- Proficient with analytical tools like R, SAS, Excel, Python.
Greenfield start-ups are great, but growing and innovating on a platform already pushing millions of transactions through it, is where the great engineers step forward.