International Case Manager & Linguist
Mayday Assistance employs a multilingual team of highly skilled and experienced professionals who provide travel and medical assistance services required by today’s travellers. We have customised the services we provide to protect the health of travellers, expatriates and other employees on overseas assignments. When a business traveller falls ill, suffers an accident whilst overseas or requires any other travel or medical-related help, our dedicated in-house teams of doctors, nurses and case managers are on hand 24/7. These highly experienced specialists provide travellers with the highest quality of advice, support and assistance and an immediate response including emergency evacuation and repatriation
• Answering calls
• Obtaining relevant information in order to set up a case on our system
• Checking cover and policy details with the third party insurers
• Liaising with Hospitals, Medical Centres and other agents
• Obtaining important documentation to aid the insurer’s decision on cover
• Keeping the insurer informed of high cost cases and significant issues that arise
• Arranging taxis, flights and hotels for clients and their family when agreed by insurers
• Planning medical repatriations, ambulances transfers, air ambulances and repatriation of remains
• Providing translation and linguist services
• Being the intermediary between clients, insurers and third parties
• Sending guarantees of payment to hospitals/clinics/third parties when agreed by insurers
• Other adhoc tasks as directed by the Operations Manager, Senior Case Managers & Medical Team.
You should be a highly motivated, results-oriented individual who is able to work independently under minimal supervision with a strict attention to detail. You must speak English and at least two other European languages. You must have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook. Be confident on the telephone and be able to mediate in difficult and often sensitive situations. Be aware of confidentiality issues and adhere to data protection legislation. Additional Information:
You will be required to work evenings, nights and weekends once confident enough to be on call.
Starting salary £19,000 per annum with a pay rise after 1 year to £20,000 per annum + health benefits, free worldwide travel insurance and annual pay reviews afterwards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £19,000.00 /year
- Customer Service: 1 year