Management Accountant - Global Pathways
Kaplan International Pathways, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. We offer a range of courses from University preparation programmes in the UK, Australia, USA, China, Japan and Nigeria through to full degree programmes, in partnership with universities at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities, our expertise in international student recruitment and focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we provide international students with high quality, flexible international education and study opportunities.
The role will take full responsibility for the financial processing, reporting, budgeting and forecasting, along with understanding of all key business drivers that will support decision making for US Pathways. The role supports the heads of departments with finance and planning work and will report directly to the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis.
Specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- preparation of annual budgets with budget holders and the Head of FP&A
- analysis of all key P&L variances compared to budget on a monthly basis
- preparation of quarterly forecasts in conjunction with budget holders and Head of FP&A
- recording monthly payroll and accruals
- review, documenting, posting and reconciliation of Inter-Company Accounts
- responsible for maintenance, review and control of balance sheet items, including maintaining detailed reconciliations for debtors and creditors
- reviewing and arranging student funds transfers to the US
- reviewing Agent Commission workbooks for China and ROW, which involves close contact with our company in Hong Kong
- act as a key contact point for auditors during year-end audit process ensuring the audit process is conducted in a controlled manner
- implementing financial process and reporting improvements and becoming the key finance member for Student Information System (SIS) improvement and other major IT projects that will improve financial processing and reporting for US Pathways
The role is based in the UK with key budget holders based in the US and China, additionally US Pathways utilises the services of Kaplan Partner Services (our Hong Kong company) for Agent commission and expense processing, therefore the successful applicant will be required to organise their daily schedule to meet the demands of key stakeholders.
Some overseas travel may be required.
- Part (finalist) or fully qualified accountant
- Extensive knowledge of Excel including Pivot tables, vlookups, excel formulae
- You will be a strong accountant who is able to work with senior members of the business and build strong working relations
- Previous business partnering experience will be beneficial but above all you will be a confident and articulate individual
- You will be flexible and adaptable to a challenging and changing business environment as the International Pathways business grows and business demands change
- You should be able to take initiative and work autonomously if needed and be a team player that can assist others when required
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to investigate problem areas
- Good time management and organisational skills in planning own work
- Excellent interpersonal and business communication skills, both verbal and written
- Previous experience using GPL, CLASS.net and integrated reporting tools
- Previous finance project experience
- Experience working in a large multinational, multi-currency organisation or within the education sector
Please apply via our online application form with your CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for the role.
Application deadline: Wednesday, 19th July, 2017