Dealing Manager - Bristol Investment Firm
A Dealing Manager position has opened up within a highly sought after Investments firm in central Bristol. This is an opportunity for somebody who is looking to develop their career in the operational Dealing aspect of the business and who has a passion for process improvement and providing improved TCF outcomes for an expanding client base. This is a varied role which requires a motivated and energetic people manager.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Running of the Dealing team, including the management and review of all work within the team, leading and developing the team and ensuring the team are working collaboratively and successfully at all times.
- Overseeing the smooth running of the Dealing desk, with the primary focus of ensuring that all of the daily trades are placed in the market and executed on the system in line with SLA’s.
- Ensuring the team are successfully liaising with external Fund Managers and Counter-parties with regards to setting up new agency and fund requests and making sure that the instruments are set up and reviewed within the system prior to go live.
- Responsible for reviewing processes on a regular basis, offering process improvement suggestions and helping implement additional controls in line with the change process used within the business.
- Working closely with the Investment Management team to ensure the team are aware of any solution changes are approved and the impact the changes will have with regards to the daily dealing.
- Ensuring any incidents caused by missed Dealing VP’s are investigated and resolved, along with full root cause analysis.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Corporate Actions are processed in line with SLA’s.
- Managing and leading the Dealing team
- Daily sign off on all Dealing processes
- Weekly Dealing MI to be distributed to the business
- Monitoring and resolving issues with Fund Managers who settle late
- Taking ownership for operational improvements to remove risks and add control
- Regular process and procedure analysis and implementing improvements
- Working closely with the Investment Team to understand the upcoming changes
- Providing direct support to the Operations Manager
- Develop the Dealing team and enhancing their market knowledge
- At least 12 months experience of managing a Dealing team
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within Dealing
- Previous experience of placing OEIC, Unit Trust and ETF trades
- Previous experience of using EMX and Calastone
- Experience of processing portfolio rebalances
- Experience of processing conversions, dividends and other Corporate Actions
- A good understanding of markets and various instrument types
- Able to demonstrate regulatory awareness and articulate required changes
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good communication skills Well organised, efficient and accurate
- Energetic, collaborative, and proactive
- Optimism and a 'can do’ attitude
- Strength to challenge senior members of the business
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including strong Excel knowledge
The company offers fantastic support to its staff and there are excellent prospects for career progression and personal development.
Company benefits include:
The company provides paid study support for those studying towards professional qualifications plus 25 days holiday rising to 28 days each year, group life assurance, group medical insurance, with family cover private healthcare, group income protection, salary sacrifice schemes for optional employee pension contributions, cycle to work and childcare vouchers, company contribution of 50% towards gym membership, non-contributory Group Personal Pension scheme. The employer pension contribution is 20% of base salary. Annual discretionary bonus scheme, Microsoft Home Office User Programme, tax free season ticket loans.