Senior ICT Engineer / Senior IT Network Engineer / IT Engineer
Job Title: Senior ICT Engineer
Location: West London
Salary: £30,000 Per Annum
Hours:40 hours per week - 12 months Temporary Contract Full-time
The Company is a charity that develops opportunities to transform young lives. Every day they do inspiring work supporting young people which they have been this since 1870.
The ICT Department exists to supply, support and maintain the ICT needs of the organisation. The Company has diverse ICT needs, spanning across multiple sites and supporting a varied user base. The Senior ICT Engineer's role will be to provide 3rd/2nd and at times 1st line ICT support to the organisation. Working closely with the other members of the ICT department they will be responsible for ensuring all ICT services are maintained, stable and secure throughout the organisation.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Identification and resolution of hardware and software faults on Windows server systems and network peripherals
- First, second and third level telephone technical support on Windows server and PC operating systems and hardware
- Testing and repair of server hardware and network devices
- Installation and configuration of Windows sever operating systems and system soft-ware
- Identification and resolution of faults on connectivity, hardware and software
- Identification and resolution of faults on wired and wireless networking hardware
- Ensure all aspects of the infrastructure and systems are monitored and appropriate alerting mechanisms have been setup
- Work with 3rd party support services as required
- Ensure regular health checks are carried out on the infrastructure
- Ensure that that all backup services for the group are appropriate and maintained accordingly
- Maintain that the Disaster Recovery infrastructure is appropriate and functioning accordingly
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
- Experience working in similar senior role managing multisite environments, administering Microsoft technologies, desktops/servers, in a busy and demanding environment.
- Administration of applications including; Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory Services, DFS, Group Policy. Remote Desktop Services
- Proven experience managing virtual machine environments using VMware.
- Proven working knowledge of industry protocols including; TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RDP and VLANs.
- Experience using Cloud based systems including Office365, Azure Services, Meraki.
- Knowledge and experience of VOIP systems, ideally Mitel.
- Managing system and applications with Microsoft SCCM.
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent (preferably with an ICT discipline)
- Self-sufficient and ability work on own initiative.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in non-technical language.
- A Full UK driving license, held for at least one year
To apply for this role, please click the APPLY and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Please read this information carefully.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Network Engineer, IT Support Engineer, Server Engineer, 3rd Line Support, IT Support Engineer, IT Analyst, Field Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, Engineer, IT Field Engineer, Field Engineer, Analyst, IT Analyst And Field Support Engineer, 3rd Line Senior Engineer, CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, MCSE, 2rd Line Senior Engineer, Senior I. T. Support Engineer will also be considered for this role.