An opportunity to report to the Financial Controller and have a close interaction to the FD. It is a key role that requires both Accounting experience and interpersonal skills to motivate and run a team. The opportunity will take responsibility for the preparing the Management Accounts and managing Part Qualified Accountants. The team consists of management accounts as well as purchase ledger, sales ledger and treasury
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations inputting into the monthly balance sheet pack
- Preparation of annual budget, including ownership of the budget model
- Compiling re-forecasts and monitoring of actuals to budget
- Direct management of the purchase ledger, sales ledger and treasury teams, including regular 1-2-1s, team training and development
- Oversight of provisions and accruals
- Preparation of annual audited accounts
- VAT compliance and preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Annual P11D and PSA reporting and compliance
- Corporation Tax compliance - working with advisors
As a Finance Manager you will have a relatively large amount of autonomy for challenging and changing processes, implementing new systems and restructuring the team as you see appropriate.
Ideally you will be from an Audit background followed by industry experience. You could have also progressed in Audit post qualification and be looking for your first role in industry. Financial Services experience/exposure is highly desirable but not essential. You must be able to respond quickly to changing work demands, communicate in a professional manner and work in an open and honest way.