Data Analyst / Scientist
Data Analyst / Scientist - £55,000 plus bonus & benefits - London
A leading top tier economic consultancy are looking at expanding their data analytics team, due to growing demand in data science services and are seeking an experienced data scientist and a junior data scientist.
You will be working closely with economic consultants as well as the in-house data science team to help their clients deal with complex antitrust investigations (including mergers, market investigations, cartels and other litigation) across a wide range industries.
- Data Scientist - Salary up to £55k; Junior Data Scientist - Salary up to £40k
- A top tier economic consultancy
- Solving ad-hoc client and business problems involving large datasets
- Web scraping / interacting with REST API’s
- Contributing to existing codebase / toolset to allow our economists to complete their work more efficiently or present it effectively
- Mapping and analysing geographic data (e.g. creating isochrones, distance and drive time matrices etc)
- You must have a BSc or MSc in Economics, ideally a MSc.
- Experience in using Python (Pandas, NumPy, Matplotib stack etc) for data analysis, cleaning, engineering, modelling and visuialisation
- An understanding of big data; you do not necessarily need to have experience building a big data environment
- Statistical / Econometric analysis using STATA
- Use of GIS systems (e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS)
- Experience with any of the following; Git, d4.js, XML, selenium, MongoDB, node.js, AWS, Azure, heroku etc
- An interest in economics and competition policy