Network Security Engineer London
Network Security Engineer
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, network security focused individual capable of helping to maintain, monitor and support network and network security. Reporting to the NetOps Manager, you will be a key member of a relatively small but highly technical team working in a fast and ever growing environment.
This role is primarily hands-on network security and network support and you will be heavily involved in the support and day-to-day management of the network and network security.
Day-to-day tasks include:
- Network security monitoring using existing tools.
- Identify and mitigate risks across the network.
- Validation of access policy configurations.
- Maintain up-date documentation.
- Network support together with the Networks team.
You may also be involved in:
- Investigation support of any actual or potential information security incidents.
- Periodic security assessment of firewall, router, switches and other network component security configurations.
- Developing existing monitoring tools to improve their output.
Essential skills and experience
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with troubleshooting, supporting and developing IPv4-based networks.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP.
• Use of network protocol analysers (i.e. Wireshark).
• Strong hands-on configuration experience with Cisco ASA, routers and switches.
• Strong understanding of network security concepts and principles.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be a good team player with an ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Experience with Cisco IPS.
• Experience with:
b) Network monitoring systems, ideally Nagios and Cacti.
c) Experience with Netfow.
• Experience working with Linux systems.
• Understanding of VMware ESX/vCenter and virtualisation.