Project VAT Accountant - 12 month Contract
Role Responsibilities will include:
- Project manage of all accounting, reporting, compliance matters relating to the pending VAT registration
- Design, test and implementation of changes to finance processes and accounting system to enable VAT reporting.
- Training of Financial Reporting and Transactions Accounting teams to ensure all process changes are understood
- On-going review and compliance of all process changes to ensure these are fit for purpose and deliver accurate VAT reporting.
- Undertake all matters in connection with VAT compliance including submission of periodic VAT returns.
- Liaise with tax advisors and HMRC to implement 'partial expemtion' rules for VAT reporting including system changes to facilitate such reporting.
- Design, test and implementation of all process and system changes in connection with VAT accounting. Including configuaration of SAGE 200 general ledger.
- Implementation of 'partial exemption' rules for VAT reporting.
- Design and implement internal management reporting to ensure on-going monitoring of VAT compliance. Including all internal controls and reconcilation procedures.
- Post qualification experience of VAT accounting with ability to develop new processes to deliver all VAT Reporting
- Strong process change skills will be required to ensure effective delivery of project.
- Strong accounting skills with the ability to look at issues from first principles to help the design and implementation of changes to the accounting processes and system.
- Experience of delivering change by training and developing people and processes effectively.
- Strong advocate of finance and financial controls and able to demonstrate accuracy and diligence with the ability to be autonomous.
- Ability to work with, motivate and develop others through a period of change as a basis for a strong team dynamic going forward.
- Ability to enhance processes and controls - focus on continuous improvement is essential.
- Delivery focused approach to work and able to priorities high volumns of work/challenges.
- Full accountancy qualification is required (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, etc.).
- Good understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards, Government Financial Reporting Manual and Managing Public Money
If you are interested in the role of Project VAT Accountant and have the relevant skillset and experience do submit your CV.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.