Senior Digital Designer
Job Title: Senior Digital Designer
Salary: £50-60k + good benefits
The client is an independent, entrepreneurial and award winning integrated agency, fully focused and highly successful at driving customer acquisition for a wide range of high profile blue chip clients.
Based in one of the most vibrant areas of London, the agency prides itself on its independence and the benefits this brings in terms of freedom, agility and inclusivity. A great opportunity for a highly self-motivated team player, who wants and is able to make a real difference, to join an ambitious and highly motivated team.
The role of a Senior Digital Designer is to work with the ECD, Head of Digital and with their team to ensure they play an active part in the development of approved integrated on line and off line creative territories with innovative and involving design concepts and activation ideas/techniques that truly engage consumers
You will be part of a team consisting of an ECD, Head of Digital, Head of Copy, Senior Integrated Concept Team(s), Designer(s) and Developer(s) working across all client projects.
A Senior Digital Designer will also work closely with all other agency departments and client agencies to help deliver integrated communications platforms.
You will also be given the opportunity to work on new business initiatives as and when required.
The Senior Digital Designer will work with the wider Creative Team, Planning and Account Management Teams to execute creative ideas involving digital projects through to client presentation and deployment, and to be totally committed to delivering the client mission:
Idea Generation & Development
- Working closely the ECD and the wider team to develop differentiating creative concepts
- Work closely with Traffic and Studio Manager at all times to optimise your workflow and utilisation
- Working closely with the team to produce award winning creative work that gets results (within strict time allocations and within budget)
- Driving and identifying creative thinking towards a 'big idea’
- Ability to present 'big ideas’ to clients using a variety of techniques
- Exhibiting excellent concept development and visualisation skills to establish the conceptual and stylistic execution for all client projects and campaigns.
- Taking ownership of your concepts and lead by example
- Taking ownership and ensuring all activity produced supports the client’s brand vision
- Working closely with the account teams and new business to deliver pitch assets as required
- Being completely familiar with your client’s brand vision ensuring that all activity produced on behalf of that client supports this
- Act as a brand guardian as and when requested, taking ownership for the delivery of the client’s brand vision
- Experience in translating complex digital functionality and technical specifications into differentiating concepts and buildable solutions
- Providing timely and consistent communication to your line manager and team
- Developing strong relationships with all other parts of the business
- Being seen as a thought generator within the agency
- Being totally supportive of the production/traffic system and be fully proactive and responsible for any time planning agreed with traffic on all projects all of the time - briefing, creative time, interim reviews and final reviews
- Working closely with the Head of Digital on a project by project basis to produce and deliver award winning work that gets results (within strict time allocations and within budget)
- Maintain an accurate filing system and back up for work in progress at all times
- Working closely with Account Management and Production on a project by project basis to form a strong effective team effort on all projects all of the time
- Ensuring attendance of all pre-production meetings on all digital projects all of the time.
- Being fully aware of the latest trends, fashions and technical developments in online direct marketing, advertising, and digital and social arenas
- Continually participating and responding to digital communications across all channels as well as brand promotions, direct mail/email response activity to personally assess what is happening in the market place
- Comprehensive knowledge of popular culture
- Finger on the pulse of digital trends and how they apply them
Experience and Knowledge
- A 'digital native’ with good experience as a web and digital designer
- Experience of working in a below the line or integrated agency environment with proven examples of email communication, digital, and integrated campaigns
- Strong portfolio covering multiple channels - Email Design, eCRM/CRM, website design, HTML and engagement/community pieces as well as offline DM and Print
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- A strong understanding of mobile responsive email and website build
- Experience working with blue chip clients
- Previous client contact is essential
- Excellent contemporary design and strong IT skills (Adobe CC, MS Office)
- High level of knowledge of design and HTML coding for email communication
- Ability to produce artwork for digital assets for build as well as for print when required
- Knowledge of HTML5 an advantage
- Experience in basic frame animation and video editing (AE, Premiere Pro) an advantage
- Excellent creative and conceptual executional skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional typographic skills
- A natural passion for great design/typography/photography
- Work well under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent presenting skills
- Organised, proactive team player
- Express ideas with clarity, confidence and logical reasoning
Work proactively as part of an extended team with other areas of the business