Decision Scientist - £60,000 plus shares - London
One of fastest growing fin-tech start-ups are looking at expanding their data science team by hiring data scientist.
This fin-tech is a leader in business loans, they are taking on global banking systems, finding better ways for businesses to borrow and investors to lend, by connecting them together. They may work in the finance industry, but at their core they are a technology company that does finance, positioning them at the front of the fin-tech revolution.
- Salary up to £60,000 plus shares
- One of the fastest growing fin-tech start-ups in the world
- A wide range of data science engagements - machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing etc
- The role sits within Risk function and works closely with Credit Risk Strategy, Portfolio Management, Underwriting and IT Systems teams.
- Responsible for building / maintenance / re-development of the different scoring models used within underwriting, fraud prevention, collections and recoveries, marketing.
- The role is focused on UK market; however, some occasional travel might be required to support colleagues in other European locations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in predictive modelling.
- Proven problem-solving skills using logical reasoning and analytical methods.
- Advanced knowledge of or Python
- Bachelor or Master degree in quantitative related field (Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Experience in credit risk scorecard modelling / predictive analytics in SME or retail lending environment would be advantageous
Greenfield start-ups are great, but growing and innovating on a platform already pushing millions of transactions through it, is where the great engineers step forward.