Category Specialist - Indirect Services
A utilities provider are recruiting a Category Specialist to contribute to the development of corporate and wider indirect procurement strategies. Applicants need commercial acumen, exposure to indirect procurement, contracts and category management.
The Category Specialist will work within a large and successful procurement function - supporting the development of category management, contracts management and wider procurement strategies. With a particular focus on the Corporate / Professional Services Category, the Category Specialist will enjoy full procurement lifecycle responsibility within this area and support the Category Manager.
Specific duties of the Category Specialist include:
1. Support the development and delivery of category management strategies
2. Develop category specific sourcing strategies (corporate, professional services, indirect)
3. Supplier Selection based on contractual T&Cs and cultural suitability
4. Develop contract strategies, contract development and lifecycle management
5. Build effective relationships with internal departments - understand what they need from the supply chain
6. Develop relationships with suppliers and subcontractors and create strategic partnerships
7. Supplier Relationship Management activities - develop and segmentate suppliers within the organisation
8. Risk Mitigation and Business Continuity activities
9. Bench marking and market intelligence activities
10. Management and analysis of category data, in support of Category Management.
Category Specialist applicants should meet the following criteria:
1. Indirect services procurement expertise
2. Familiarity with strategic procurement, contracting and category management activities
3. Exposure to a large, corporate, matrix structured organisation
4. Experience working with contractual T&Cs
5. Experience with Corporate Services, Professional Services or Business Services categories - desirable
6. Degree / CIPS - desirable
This role would suit candidates currently working as: Category Manager, Indirect Buyer, Services Buyer, Procurement, Purchasing, Supplier Relationship Management
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.