Global Accountant - Financial Reporting
A brilliant job opportunity has arisen for a bright, driven qualified accountant to join an international blue chip insurance company headquartered in central London.
The Global Accountant is responsible for working within a team that manages the Statutory Reporting process and provides a technical centre of excellence.
The role will have a particular focus on supporting a step change improvement in reporting and processes as well as working with the Global Financial Reporting Manager and the Senior Global Accountants in:
- Preparation of the Group's consolidated statutory accounts for Full Year and Half Year;
- Coordination and production of the Group's Annual Report;
- Gathering, managing and monitoring the integrity of the management and financial data used for all reporting to the Group and UK regulated entity Boards including management accounts, forecasts and the three year plan;
- Ensuring Financial Accounting throughout the Group complies with the latest accounting guidance and promote best practice;
- Report writing to the Group's Board, Audit Committee and Sub-Committee's bringing to their attention key accounting issues, areas of judgement and technical developments;
- Provide advice and guidance to facilitate the accounting for complex commercial transactions; and
- Effecting improvements in financial reporting processes;
- Assisting with finance systems development to support efficient consolidation and reporting;
In addition to the above, this individual will be accountable for the following:
- Reviewing the integrity of data forming the monthly management accounts, annual budget and forecasts;
- Assisting the Senior Accountants with ad-hoc tasks;
- Assistance with the preparation of the Group statutory reporting instructions for year end and half year;
- Liaise with the Group auditors to ensure they receive appropriate information to perform their audit.
- Preparing sections of the Group's Annual Report and Accounts. These include fixed assets, goodwill, reserve movements, financial investments, foreign exchange;
- Preparation of National Statistic returns on a quarterly and annual basis;
- Help support other external documents during the year end and half year processes including materials for credit rating agencies and bond holders;
- Provide financial accounting advice to Business Units and Group functions by interpreting and applying financial reporting standards; and
- Support the development of a 'customer service' culture across Centre Finance to ensure that the function builds rapport with major business units.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a desire to develop themselves in financial reporting.
To apply for this role you should possess the following:
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA)
- Clear understanding of financial controls and importance of data integrity