Shift Engineer (Electrical) - Central London - £38,000 + excellent benefits
A luxury complex of private apartments is looking for a Shift Engineer (Electrical) to join their team in Central London.
You will working at one of the most exclusive addresses in London and enjoy a generous benefits package that includes £2,000 annual performance bonus and £1,345 lunch allowance.
The main purpose of the role will be to work under the general guidance and supervision of the Technical Services Manager and within the limits of company policies and procedures and Engineering standard manual, maintains and operates all the plant, machinery, fixtures, fittings & building fabrics within the complex to achieve optimum Resident comfort and operational efficiency while maintaining costs to a minimum. To provide outstanding service to all residents including a first line of defence for engineering problems within the apartments to ensure 100% resident satisfaction
What You Will Need
Time served as an electrician with a maintenance background.
C & G 7671 Requirements' for electrical installations - 17th Edition
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To manage shift rota and maintain effective cover.
2. To assist the Technical Services Supervisors with special projects and tasks given to them by the Technical Services Manager
3. To monitor and follow up on all statutory requirements for the building, ensuring all certificates are up to date and filed within the designated Building Log Books within the department.
4. To be the senior engineer on site reporting to the Duty Manager when the Technical Services Manager and Technical Services Supervisors are absent and take responsibility for the effective repair of defects and the safe and efficient operation of the building, plant and equipment.
5. To learn & use Go Concierge as a working tool to aid efficiency for reactive help desk requests and provide appropriate feedback on activities undertaken and status.
6. To learn & use the Pirana CAFM system, receive task sheets and work requests and complete such works efficiently in accordance with the agreed specification and within the designated service level agreements.
7. To provide feedback to the Technical Services Supervisors and the Pirana and Go Concierge management information systems based on activities in the field e.g. improvements to H&S, plant and equipment status and condition, incomplete asset information, suggestions for improving the maintenance tasks, energy efficiency initiatives, etc.
8. To maintain and operate the building plant & systems (including but not limited to boilers, pumps, chillers, air handling units, fans, electrical distribution, pipework, ductwork and associated components& garage plant) within the established guidelines.
9. To interrogate the Building Management System (BMS) for alarm conditions, incorrect operation, time scheduling, set points, etc. and respond accordingly.
10. To inspect all plant regularly throughout the shift and to accurately complete the engineering logs and worksheets for record purposes and in order to brief the incoming engineering team of any known faults or problems.
11. In the event of a repair/s being beyond the individual capability & expertise to ensure:
* The Technical Services Manager or Technical Services Supervisor is aware.
* That any un-repaired fault likely to cause an accident is isolated and that such equipment is left in a complete safe condition with the appropriate warning notices attached.
* That any contingency measures are considered.
12. To ensure that in the event of a lift failure, any trapped passengers are evacuated as per lift contractor instructions and that lift contractors are informed of any service requirements.
13. To carry the required communication equipment, answer and respond promptly and to report back to the originator with status of repair.
14. To carry out the designated procedures if a fire alarm is raised. To ensure that the sprinkler system & Emergency Generator is operating if required. Isolate systems as required by duty manager, or London Fire Brigade. To undergo any training deemed necessary.
15. To assist other personnel in emergencies and in carrying out other engineering duties as may be required by the Technical Services Manager and Technical Services Supervisor according to the needs of the department.
16. Report all potential hazards whilst on duty.
17. To interact and co-operate with residents, outside contractors, department heads and duty manager.
18. To ensure that all Engineering areas are kept to the highest possible standard.
19. To maintain the security of the department.
20. To ensure that the supplied uniform is kept in a clean condition and in a state of good repair.
21. To use the appropriate safety clothing / equipment (PPE) and follow all maintenance instructions laid down by the Technical Services Manager and Technical Services Supervisors
22. To carry out any reasonable requests that aim to exceed the expectation of our residents and visitors.
23. To perform other duties outside the normal routine, if so required, within the scope of the department.
24. To understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employee Handbook and the KRMC policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
25. To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform at all times as per the grooming standards.
26. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
27. To maintain a good rapport and working relationship with the team in the Place of Work and all other departments.
28. To attend and contribute to all meetings trainings scheduled and other related activities.
29. To fully support the training function in the Department as assigned.
30. To undertake any reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the management.
31. To respond to any changes in the place of work as dictated by the operation.
32. To project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
33. To provide a positive example to all subordinate team members.
34. WORKING ARRANGEMENTS
The Shift Engineer will participate within a shift pattern designed to provide a 24hour, 7 day a week Engineering presence on site as prepared by the Technical Services Manager.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.